Last Updated: 2/28/23
Foley Carrier Services, LLC and our affiliates (including any joint ventures controlled by Foley) (“Foley,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides Department of Transportation (“DOT”) compliance services and background checking services for employers in the transportation industry and other companies (“Customers”) and other related products and services, including online portals that allow prospective and/or current employees, independent contractors, temporary workers/employees, and/or other individuals for legally permissible employment-related purposes (collectively and each, a “Candidate”) to apply for open positions with our Customers (the “Platforms”). We also maintain websites that allow visitors to learn and communicate with us about our products and services (the “Sites”). Collectively, we refer to our Sites, Platforms, and other websites, platforms, portals, and APIs that allow Customers to access our products and services as the “Services.“
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of information.
Information you give us:
- Contact details, such as first and last name, email address, phone number, state and city, company name, and job title.
- Employment and background information from Candidates, such as previous positions, credentials, demographic information, education history, and any other information Candidates provide to us via our Platforms.
- Services inquiries, including information about a Customer’s business needs, such as the number of drivers a Customer has, and the Services you express interest in.
- Purchases and transactions, including purchase and transaction history, information about your business needs and use of the Services.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise, or when you provide testimonials about our Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Services and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from other sources: We may maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor. When you visit or interact with our pages on those platforms, you or the platforms may provide us with information through the platform.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Sites, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and
- Usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, the links and objects you click or oherwise interact with, how long you spent on a page, browsing history, and access times. Our emails may also contain tracking pixels that identify if and when you have opened an email that we have sent you, how many times you have read it and whether you have clicked on any links in that email. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our products and services, and marketing email campaigns. We use tracking technologies to automatically collect this Usage data information.
We may collect this information using cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device or in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns. For more information on how you can control cookies, please see the ‘Your Choices’ section below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
To provide the Sites and our Services. This includes:
- Administering, hosting, and operating the Sites and our Services;
- Communicating with you and responding to any inquiries you may have;
- Analyzing your use of the Sites and our Services to allow us to evaluate and improve the Sites and our Services; and
- Recommending open positions to Candidates based on their credentials and
Research, development, benchmarking, and improving our Sites and Services. We may use personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Site and our Services, identify trends, and operate and expand our business activities. For example, we may use employment and background information to study trends in employment and applications, such as understanding how long drivers stay in a given position, or to enhance the reports we provide to Customers. We may also create aggregated, anonymized, or other de-identified statistics, which we may use for lawful business purposes, including for analytics, forecasting, and strategic planning.
Marketing and advertising, including for:
- Direct We may send you, Customers, and prospective Customers direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, sending newsletters or publications, and notifying you of promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
- Interest-based We engage our advertising partners, including third party advertising companies and social media companies, to advertise our Services. For more information, or to understand your choices, please visit the ‘Your Choices’ section below
For compliance and protection, including to enforce any applicable terms and conditions, comply with legal obligations, defend against legal claims or disputes, protect the security and integrity of our Services, and identify and investigate fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with:
Customers. We share personal information from Candidates with Customers when they apply for a position with a Customer. We may also share aggregated benchmarking statistics with Customers about drivers in the industry, such as the average number of years that drivers stay in the same position.
Service providers. We share personal information with companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection, investigation and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, email and communication distribution and monitoring services, session or activity recording services, call recording, analytics and transcription services, event production and hosting services, remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, support and customer relation management systems, and third-party customer support providers).
Advertising and channel partners. We may share personal information with third party advertising companies (including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above), lead generation partners, and channel partners, resellers, and distributors that allow us to explore and pursue growth opportunities. We do not share employment and background information from Candidates for these purposes.
Professional advisors. We share personal information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. We may share personal information with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate.
Business transferees. We may share personal information with acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Foley or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How You Share Personal Information
Our Sites includes public blogs or forums. We also manage and participate in various social channels and communities on other platforms. Any information you submit on these forums, blogs and communities – including profile information associated with the user profile you use to post the information – may be read, collected, and used by others who access those websites.
Due to the nature of such public forums, your posts and certain profile information may remain visible to all even after you terminate your user profile.
Unsubscribe from direct marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Privacy choices. If you reside in California, you may have the following rights:
- Access, correction and deletion. You may also have the right to request access to your personal information, to correct personal information that is out of date or inaccurate, or to delete personal information that is no longer needed for a permitted If you have questions about we handle your personal information or if you believe your information is inaccurate or has been collected in error, please contact us as provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below and we will endeavor to resolve your questions or concerns. Where these rights apply, you are entitled to exercise these rights free from discrimination.
Limitations. These rights do not apply to Consumer Reporting Information and information that we cannot reasonably associate with you, such as anonymized analytics information about use of our Sites. In addition, your choices may be limited under applicable laws, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Opt-out of interest-based advertising. You may limit online tracking by:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest- based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
– Google: https://adssettings.google.com
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
– Twitter: www.twitter.com/settings/personalization
– YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/user-settings/ad-settings/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings
– Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/1415228085373580
– Microsoft: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/signedout
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
– Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
– Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with our Sites by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our Services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably needed in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our Sites and Services; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes (including as required by laws applicable to log-keeping, records and bookkeeping, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use), all in accordance with our data retention policy. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of such data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of such data, the purposes for which we process it, and the applicable legal requirements.
Our Sites are not intended for use by children. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Sites from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following mailing address:
140 Huyshope Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone: (860) 633-2660