Taking the Work Out of Paperwork


Having the correct permits and registrations is one of the first steps to operating as a successful motor carrier.

To make sure you’re ready to hit the open road, partner with Foley. Not only will we help advise you on the permits and registrations you need, but we’ll make sure all your paperwork is submitted correctly.

Below are some of the most popular permits and registrations we have available. If you have an additional need, please fill out the form or call us at (800) 253-5506.

Available Permits & Registrations

Dept. of Transportation No.

USDOT Numbers are used to identify and monitor motor carriers. They are required for all interstate carriers, most intrastate carriers and those who require a hazmat placard.

MCS-150 Biennial Update

The MCS-150 update ensures the information associated with your DOT# is up to date. All motor carriers are required to file this update every two years.


Operating Authority

Operating Authority describes the type of carrier you are and the kind of work you do. It is required for all for-hire carriers, as well as those who transport passengers or federally-regulated commodities.

Unified Carrier Registration

A Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) is an annual fee required for all carriers who cross state lines.


Blanket of Coverage

A Blanket of Coverage assigns a person or entity to receive legal papers on your behalf in every state you operate. It is required for all for-hire, interstate carriers.

Hazardous Materials Permits

A Hazardous Materials Safety Permit is required if you’re transporting radioactive materials, explosives, “toxic by inhalation materials,” or methane.

Oversized/Overload Permits

If your vehicle exceeds the legal size or weight limits of the state you’re traveling through, you will need an oversize/overweight permit.

Interstate Trip Permits

If you’re an interstate carrier traveling into a state where you’re not registered to travel, you will need to obtain a trip permit.

“I am writing to you regarding Christa Krajewski. She has been my angel on my shoulder during an issue that I needed help with concerning the DOT. I had to file a corrective action plan worksheet along with other data due to violations that were not handled correctly within my company. As soon as Ms. Krajewski answered my call, I knew I was in great hands. She filed all the paperwork for me, followed up and kept in touch with me all the time. All ended well and I am so grateful for her. I can only imagine that you probably do an extensive screening on all your employees. She is the second employee at Foley that I had the pleasure of dealing with. First was Samuel Hurry and now Christa Krajewski.”
Pamela Kelly, Konstantinos Floral Design & Decor
We at Jalliam Transportation, Inc. have been utilizing the services of Foley for more than a year. The people are exemplary and pay great attention to detail. If ever a situation arises they are promptly taking care of it. Their customer service is impeccable. If any companies are exploring whether to use Foley’s services, don’t hesitate….Just do it!!!”
Joe Piraino, Jalliam Transportation, Inc.
“When I have an issue to deal with customer service, I request Richard. He has been extremely helpful and careful about what he says and does. He follows through with his initial plan of action and makes sure that I am pleased with the result and that I get the answers to my questions and requests.”
Steven B. Wyrusdick, Wyrusdick Farm Services, LLC

Our BOC-3 Has You Covered

For one low price, we’ll assign you a process agent in all 50 states to keep you covered no matter where you travel.

Reminders to Keep You Compliant

Is your UCR or MCS-150 update due?  We’ll send you renewal reminders to make sure your permits and registrations never expire.

Save Money with Our Starter Package

Order your BOC-3 and Authority to Operate at the same time and get a discount on the purchase price.

Don’t Forget About Your Compliance Programs!

Permits and registrations are just one motor carrier requirement – the other is your DOT compliance programs. Foley can get you up and running with the programs you need in just a few minutes.