DOT Clearinghouse Drug & Alcohol Program Policy Addendum
To comply with the new Clearinghouse regulations, all DOT-regulated businesses must update their federal drug and alcohol testing policies.
According to Section 382.601 in the final rule, employers are required to distribute a policy on the misuse of alcohol and controlled substances – and the reporting of that information to the Clearinghouse. This document must outline the information that will be reported to the Clearinghouse, which includes:
- Verified positive, adulterated or substituted drug test results
- Alcohol confirmation tests with a concentration of 0.04 or higher
- Refusals to submit to any required DOT test
- Actual knowledge reports
- On-duty or pre-duty alcohol use
- Controlled substance use
- Negative return-to-duty tests
- Follow-testing completion reports
If you haven’t yet updated your DOT drug and alcohol policy, Foley has you covered. We’ve created an addendum that you can download and add to your existing policy documents to ensure you’re compliant before the deadline. Please fill out the form to receive your copy of our policy addendum.
Request Your Copy Now
Fill out the form to receive your free copy of the DOT Clearinghouse policy addendum.